What do I do with items I can recycle?

Residential properties are provided with a recycling container which is picked up curbside only on a bi-weekly basis. 

Acceptable items include:

  • Metal cans (aluminum, bi-metal, and steel) 
  • Paper products (newspaper, office paper, computer paper, magazines, junk mail, shiny paper inserts, telephone books, paper board, cereal boxes, cardboard, paper grocery bags) 
  • Plastic containers labeled 1 through 7 (soft drink bottles, milk jugs, detergent bottles. Remove caps, rinse and flatten containers before placing into recycling container).

The items acceptable for recycling do not need to be separated, they are to be co-mingled into the designated recycling container. 

If shredded paper is being recycled, please make sure it is bagged in a paper bag in order to prevent waste from leaving the container and dumping onto the ground.

Curbside Recycling Guidelines Flyer

Show All Answers

1. What services do the Public Works Department provide?
2. Where is your facility located?
3. What facilities does the Public Works Department include?
4. How do I get trash pick-up started at my residence?
5. How do I get trash pick-up started at my place of business?
6. Why do I have to pay a $75 per container set-up fee if there is already a City of Goodlettsville trash receptacle at my residence?
7. What are the current sanitation fees?
8. I put my container out this morning, but it was not emptied. What do I do?
9. When is garbage collected?
10. My container has been damaged. What do I do?
11. Whom do I contact about having limbs and brush chipped?
12. A professional tree trimming company has worked in my yard. What do I do with the yard waste?
13. What do I do with items I can recycle?
14. How do I get bulk items picked up?
15. Whom do I call to dispose of a dead animal?
16. How do I contact animal control?