Each year, the City of Goodlettsville Parks and Recreation Department seeks to recognize one business and one organization for their dedication and service to the enhancement and development of recreation in Goodlettsville through the annual Volunteer in Parks (VIP) Awards Program.
Goodlettsville Parks and Recreation has a wide-range of volunteers who help make the recreation and parks’ activities among the best Middle Tennessee. Recognizing that the greatest gift a person gives is one’s self and one’s time, Goodlettsville Parks and Recreation feels it is important to promote the value and appreciation of community involvement through the recognition of volunteers and organizations who, for a prolonged period of time, have made significant contributions and enhanced the quality of the community of Goodlettsville.
Any individual / group who volunteers and contributes time directly to programs, events, or parks can be nominated in one of two categories:
- VIP Volunteer of the Year
- VIP Organization of the Year
- VIP Coach of the Year
Recipients who are awarded the VIP Award have made outstanding contributions at the community level through:
- a personal volunteer commitment to the recreation development
- a consistent and continuous record of service to the public
- community leadership in recreation
- active participation in a variety of volunteer recreation activities
The following criteria are also used to review nomination eligibility:
- Nominee must be a Goodlettsville resident or business must be within in the corporate City Limits (excluding Coach of the Year, coaches do not have to reside in the City limits).
- Volunteer contributions to an organization, administration, planning or promotion of:
- non-recreation contributions
- involvement while the nominee was in a paid position (i.e. recreation professional or elected official)
- Previous VIP Award recipients
We will begin accepting applications for the 2020 VIP Awards on November 2, 2020. Additional information will be provided at that time.
The Volunteer in Parks (VIP) Awards program began in 2019. Recipients are awarded each January for the previous year during the VIP Appreciation Banquet hosted at Delmas Long Community Center.
- VIP Volunteer of the Year: Toby Swager
- VIP Organization of the Year: Jubilee Hills Senior Living
- VIP Coach of the Year: Jocelyn Harper