Mansker's Station reflects the true pioneer spirit and dedication of Kasper Mansker, who settled the Goodlettsville area in 1780. It was on the west side of Mansker Creek that he built his first station, which the inhabitants would leave in the winter of 1780-1781 due to increasing attacks from Indians.
Mansker Station Shortly after Mansker left the first station, it was burned to the ground. In 1783, Kasper Mansker returned to the area and built a second station on the east bank of Mansker Creek. Here he lived with his wife Elizabeth and others, including Isaac Bledsoe.
Kasper Mansker, like others such as John Donelson, James Robertson, and Isaac Bledsoe, helped form the beginnings of local government. He signed the Cumberland Compact, which created the first government in the settlement. In 1784, Mansker was elected to serve as the first Captain in Davidson County.
At the age of 62, Kasper Mansker volunteered to serve in the War of 1812, returning home shortly after fighting in the Battle of New Orleans. Mansker lived at his home in Sumner County until his death in 1821 at the age of 75.