Convenience Drop-off & Recycling Center
Hours and Location
The Goodlettsville Convenience Drop-off & Recycling Center is open on Saturdays from 8:00am to 3:00pm and Wednesdays from 11:00am to 4:00pm. The center is located at 215 Cartwright Street; enter from Connell Street.
Goodlettsville residents may drop off residential solid waste, tree limbs, recyclables, and electronics for disposal. Recyclables can be co-mingled; no bagging or separation is needed. Persons dropping off materials must provide identification showing they reside within the corporate city limits of Goodlettsville. Acceptable forms of identification include a valid driver's license indicating an address within corporate city limits, a current utility bill showing an address within corporate city limits which matches the name on your valid driver's license, or for a new resident, the receipt provided to you showing establishment of new service (valid for 30 days after issuance).
FeesThese fees will take affect July 1, 2015.
- Free drop-off of 2 garbage bags of household trash per resident per week
- Free drop-off of recyclables
- $5 minimum charge for drop-off over the 2 allotted garbage bags
- $10 per pick-up truck load (waste to be stacked no greater than the height of the bed of the truck)
- $15 per trailer (up to 16 feet in length and waste stacked no greater than 3 feet in height)
Items We Can Accept
- Household Trash
- Recyclables - Cardboard: corrugated boxes, cereal boxes, any box that tears gray or brown, and brown paper grocery bags. All boxes should be flattened before being deposited. Plastic marked #1 through #7. Aluminum: beverage cans, foil and pie pans. Steel / tin cans: food and beverage cans, pet food cans, steel lids, empty aerosol cans. Labels can be left on. Paper: any type of paper or paperboard that tears - colored or white paper, manila folders, newspaper, magazines, books, envelopes, computer paper, fax paper, post-it notes, shredded paper. NO GLASS.
- Brush and Limbs
- Electronics - computers, monitors, keyboards, mice, stereos, speakers, telephones, cell phones, printers, fax machines, radios.
Items We Cannot Accept
- Construction Waste
- Household Hazardous Waste - defined as corrosive, flammable, toxic or reactive material used in the home, vehicle, garden and lawn materials that can contaminate soil and water when dumped along with non-toxic waste.
- Household Cleaners - Drain openers, oven cleaners, wood and metal cleaners and polishes, toilet bowl cleaners and disinfectants.
- Automotive Products - Oil and fuel additives, grease and rust solvents, air conditioning refrigerants, starter fluids,, body putty, antifreeze, waste oil, carburetor and fuel injector cleaners.
- Lawn and Garden Products - Herbicides, pesticides, fungicides and wood preservatives, paint thinner, paint, paint stripper, and adhesives.
- Miscellaneous/Carpentry/Remodeling/Chemicals - batteries, fingernail polish remover, pool chemicals, photo processing chemicals, medicines, electrical capacitors, pressurized gas bottles, gas tanks and gas cans, commercial or industrial waste, barrels, tires, wire or fencing, steel gutters, infectious waste, combustible materials, rock, dirt, brick, masonry, building and decking materials, lumber, roofing material, carpet or padding, and crossties.
Curbside Recycling Guidelines Flyer